My first step was to remove the wallpaper. Some of it had been peeling up, making it seem like it would be easy, but I knew that would not be the case.
My next step was to paint, then I sanded and restained the cabinetry. We bought the exterior wooden panels from Lowes and my husband nailed them up. It only took us one panel to do the walls. Next, I stained the panels to match the dark walnut cabinetry. This took several days and two cans of stain. The faux wood panels sucked in every bit of stain, plus the texture on the panels made it more difficult to get the stain into all crevices. My husband cut strips of wood that I stained and he hung around the mirror. We finished off with decor we already had. The curtains are fabric shower curtains that I cut and sewed.
There are still a few small touches I'd like to add, such as some hooks where that bare spot on the wall is, and a new light fixture. But this bathroom is definitely all boy now!
Our Three Peas





.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment