Saturday, November 16, 2013

From Drab to Fab

Okay, so I'm not the best title creator, but here it is.  It's amazing what a big difference such a little thing can do.  I've been obsessing over painting the front door a color as long as we've lived here.  I saw a painted door on Pinterest as one of my early pins and I loved it.  When I was growing up, I came home and my mom had painted the inside of our front door a magenta pink.  We all thought she was crazy.  But I loved the picture I had seen.

I had a quart of lovely Behr Prelude, the same paint I used on Sami, the dresser makeover, and I knew that was the color I was going to use.  My fears were that the color would be too much, and add too much blue in my already blue living room, and that the paint would go on gloppy and streaky (an old cabinet painting mishap from an old house I lived in).

So about a week ago, our very brassy, brass door knob broke.  I was very happy to buy a replacement.  Since we were taking the handle off anyway, I thought it would be a good day to paint.

I used a brush and painted the recessed parts first.  Then I went through with a foam roller and rolled the rest of it.  It took two coats.  Then we put on the new hardware.

I have to say, I absolutely LOVE my blue door.  It's so pretty and much more understated than I thought it would be.  I love Prelude by Behr.  I think it's my favorite color!  What else can I paint Prelude?

  

This post was shared at the following parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment