I haven't had much time to post and have not wanted to take pictures of the disaster that is now my home. We have gone from one project disaster (the kitchen) to another. I can't say what yet because we are hoping to have it all fixed by Christmas when we have family over. Let's just say $3500, and halfway through the project, it did what it wasn't supposed to, and now we want to go a different route. I wish I could say more, but I can say the store will refund for the unused portion and that will cover the purchase of the new materials. The materials that we've already used and didn't like can be used for something else so really we aren't out any money. And I think we'll be happier. Hubby will be able to start on it first thing tomorrow morning! Kitchen is waiting till after the holidays.
Until then, we hung our stockings! A little at a time, right? Tomorrow, the yard will be groomed and I'll take pictures of the outside for the blog.
Yesterday, we drove about an hour out to
Hillcrest, a real Christmas tree farm. We got to ride on a miniature steam train and sit with Santa. We bought our Christmas tree which turned out gorgeous! Probably one the best trees we've ever had. I also bought some greenery and made it into a bunch with a Christmas bow.
One of the things I love most about my tree is the story it tells. Many of the ornaments were mine from when I was a child, on my grandparents' tree. Now that they are both no longer with us, it's extra special to have them on our tree. Other ornaments, my husband and I collected as we started our lives together. My son was born in 2008, due to financial issues, that was the last time I bought a Christmas ornament for our family. This year I'd like to get something house related, since that was such a huge part of our 2013.
What do you put on your tree? Do you do a theme? I'd love to hear from you! Comment below or on Facebook or Twitter.
Linking up at these awesome blogs:


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment