Thursday, December 26, 2013

Happy Day After Christmas

If you're anything like me, you're sad to see the festivities end, but also glad to get back to normal.  I know for me, it's been a whirlwind of projects, shopping, wrapping, baking, shopping, cleaning, shopping, whew!  I'm exhausted all over again!!

Today was a great day.  The boys left for the day to visit some out of town family and I got to stay home and "un-Christmas" my house.  I took the trees down, undecked the halls, cleaned the floor.  It's amazing how much cleaning one does for house guests to only have the house look like a tornado hit a few hours later.  I love how clean and uncluttered my house looks the day after Christmas.




So now, on to New Years.  I always feel like it is such a let down after Christmas. Nothing else to look forward to except the warm weather in the spring.  I'm hoping to keep busy this early part of the year.  Here are the things on my to-do list for Pre-April.

1.  Re-do my kitchen.  As you know, I hate my kitchen cabinets.  My goal (very soon) is to get a better coat of paint on them, change out the lighting, and do the backsplash.

2.  Find homes for the last two of my foster dogs.  I have a momma dog and puppy left to find their forever home.

3.  Get some crafting done.  I inherited all of my aunt's fabric when she passed away.  I thought I'd like to make a quilt in her honor with it all.  Now, I need to learn to quilt!

4.  Increase traffic to my blog!   Share, share, share!!  If you have any tips for me, great!  If you would love to guest post, let me know!  I'd LOVE to have you!!

5.  Possibly tile bathroom floor.  It's carpet right now, ewww!

6.  Get running again!  Did you know I was training for a marathon in 2013 and I became injured and wasn't able to start the marathon.  I got a free entry from the race director for this year (score!), so I am determined to run it this year!

7.  Put in new baseboards in downstairs area.

I guess these are my New Year's Resolutions.  Do you have resolutions? If so, I'd love to hear about them!


Sharing on these fabulous blogs.  Be sure to check them out and tell them Dutch Door sent you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment