Thursday, December 5, 2013

Holiday Home Tour Coming Soon

It is December 4, and we've had three days that actually feel like Christmas.  Four days ago, it as 70 degrees.  So it was really hard for me to drag out my holiday decorations to get my house ready for this beloved holiday tour I've been wanting to do.  Instead I wanted to be laying by the beach somewhere.  So finally, I had some time today and we took out all of our decorations and I lined the walk way with the little trees I had been saving for this very purpose, only for the cords to not reach each other.  Bummer #1.  So my husband figures something out and while it's not exactly what I wanted to do, it will work.

So during all of this I have a terrible headache and the sun, although not hot, is beaming right in my eyes and my son is driving me crazy.  So this enjoyable day is turning out to not be great, but I am determined.  So I hang the flag, only to get fiberglass from the pole stuck in my fingers, wrap the garland (this went well!) and tie fishing line to all my little snowflakes.  Once this is done, I drag the ladder over, and hang one snowflake, start to drag the ladder over again and knock over my little reindeer.  As I tip the ladder to get it off of the poinsettia, a 500 pound (okay, not really) staple gun falls off the top, hits my nose, bounces off my shoulder, and hits my hand on the way down.  My first thought was, did I get stapled?  I did not but I was done at that point.  I set down my snowflakes, went upstairs after tearing a little bit over my nose, and I took a nap before work.

It was one of those days.  I got home from work and our house was lighted.  I'll take pictures when I can take our sheets off the bushes to prevent frost.  Our trees and yard still looks like Fall, so I doubt my holiday home tour pictures will look like what I hoped.  Also, my indoor pictures will be lacking, since Hubby unexpectedly started ANOTHER huge project today.  Oh man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment