Sunday, January 5, 2014

Fireplace Follow Up

It's been a bit since I last posted anything.  Between starting my first quilt, teaching myself to crochet by watching Youtube videos, and picking up people from prison, my weekend has been really full!  I hope you have all enjoyed it!  My son starts back to school on Tuesday so tomorrow we are planning a last hurrah in Yosemite National Park to play in the snow.

But until then, this is what has been happening here:

We finished up our fireplace project.  If you haven't read about it, you can do so HERE.  It actually turned out really great!  From the last post, you can see that it did not quite fit so my husband and my dad emptied out as much of the metal hole as they could so they could slide the insert right in.  Then there was about a two inch gap on each side between the brick and the fireplace, so my husband filled the area with insulation and 2X4s which he screwed the insert mounts into. (I wish I had a picture of that part) Then he lined the area with wood that we then painted black.


All in all, I think it looks like a real fireplace and much better than the hole that was in there.  

What do you think?



This post is shared at these amazing blogs: Go check 'em out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment