The day after Thanksgiving. Most people spend it shopping, but not me. Does it seem like Thanksgiving is a little late this year? Usually I decorate for Christmas the first of December. It seems weird to me that it is so close to Thanksgiving, but I dragged out all my indoor/porch Christmas stuff and decided what to use.
We have a ton of Christmas stuff. I inherited all of my grandpa's decorations when he passed away and I can't bear to part with it. Plus I have a "thing" about buying Christmas stuff. I just love it when the Christmas decor comes out in the stores. I wish it would wait until after Halloween though, but I digress.
So I decided on a few things for the porch and I'm still working on my mantle. Here's the thing. It's probably 74 degrees outside. I'm putting up "Let it Snow" Snowmen, and the ice cream man is driving by blaring his anthem of summer. When did it get so warm at Christmas time? Or is Christmas just starting earlier and earlier every year? I'll put off the rest for later on, maybe when (if?) it gets cooler. Who knows? Until then:
Oh, by the way. Does anyone know if I can freeze the pumpkins for next year? You know, just for decor?
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment