Some things I collect to use myself, while others I'll sell or give away outright, and others I rehab, then sell. I also like to collect pillows, blankets, dog beds, and plastic swimming pools to donate to the animal rescue.
This is my latest trash find. Of course, I kept this one! I love the chippiness of it and it is real metal!

These old boxes are becoming pretty common. I painted these.
How about this huge clock? It works too!
And you've all read the story on Sami. She was sold to be used in a baby's room. So glad she didn't get thrown into a landfill!
This wooden dresser was a score! Excellent vintage condition! It had the best whimsical vintage shelf paper in it. I painted it and it's being used in my son's room.
This sweet little sewing desk was a curbside find. I left it wooden and chippy, just the way I found it.
The bottom two suitcases were roadside finds. The flower boxes were purchased brand new, and the golden box was purchased at an antique store.
This little snowman was missing a hat and a nose. The lights still worked, as did this tree. I added a hat and they happily sat on my front porch this Christmas.
This is a small fraction of the awesomeness that awaits us when we go out treasure hunting. The city gives us a map (you know, to prepare us to clean out our own garage), and we scout out every so often on the hunt. Some days we go out and we bring home nothing. There's been days that we have to come home, drop off a load, and go back out. Regardless, it's always an adventure.
I've shared this post at the following link parties:







No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment