Thursday, March 13, 2014

This~N~That Thursday #11

You know how your whole life can change so quickly?  That's kind of what happened this week!  We had decided that we were going to close the business I've been running for the past 4 years, Solstice Spa & Boutique, and focus more on staying home, blogging, possibly homeschooling, and doing massage therapy on the side.  We had put our notice into our tenants in the spa, and to our landlord.

Then over the course of a few days, the requests for business cards starting pouring in, as did the purchases of gift cards.  Not just one massage gift cards, but huge packages.  I couldn't turn that down so we started looking for a smaller place, so that I could work on my own without the huge expense of a full day spa.

Then last Friday, we were sitting down at a new landlord's desk, pen and contract in hand, when he asked for more money than was originally quoted to me.  It would have cost $1200.00 to move into this place.  I decided I would think on it a bit longer.  We hadn't gotten out of the parking lot when the original landlord called and offered us a better rate on our current place.  So, turns out, we are staying.  And we've decided to totally revamp the business into a wellness center, with classes like yoga and massage, and maybe a weight loss coach, etc.  So, we are back in business.  It feels like it was meant to be, and while I'm scared to pay for this entire place by myself, (the other tenants already found other places), I feel like this is where God wants me to be and I shouldn't worry.

So, let's do our features from last week's party!




Thank you all for sharing!  Be sure to link up again and tell your friends about our party!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment