I love all things house, in case you haven't noticed. I thought I would let you in on a few secrets behind my madness. Shhh......
1. I spend a good deal of my day looking at houses. Either in person or online.
2. I subscribe to several real estate listing alerts in various areas, just to see what's out there.
3. I have a really good idea of our current local market, and I can pretty accurately guess what a house will be listed at price-wise.
4. I am nit-picky about my own house. If you come to my house, the manner in which you see it, is not an accident. Anything that is left out has been for a specific aesthetic purpose. See those books over there? They were chosen for a reason to sit right there. (Mostly title names, colors, and size!)
5. Everything in my house has a story and I am happy to tell you all about it! Feel free to ask me!
6. My house is usually clean. It's not always immaculate like when you come over, but it is usually clean. With one exception....
7. I don't make the bed. Unless of course, I have guests coming over. I used to make the bed every day but now that we are in an upstairs house, no one ever goes up there during the day.
8. If you bring me to your house, I am mentally taking notes. I don't care how messy or clean it is, or how big or small it is. I don't care if you have old furniture or toys all over the place. I'm sizing up the layout, the countertops, the fireplace, the flooring, the stuff you choose to decorate with, and the overall feel of the house. I love houses! Your's is no different. I love your house too!
9. #8 applies to photographs as well. If you post a photo on Facebook or other social media, of your cat, or your smiling family, I am more interested in the house behind you. Cute rug!
10. I have anxiety about having people in my house, but I will also be the first to volunteer to host events. I love showing off my house. Just please sit in your designated space and don't touch anything! (Just kidding!!!!!!)
Sort of :)
Thanks for stopping by to read my confessions! I feel so much better, lol! What about you? Do you have any home related quirks? I'd love to hear them! Post them in the comments below!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment