Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Mason Jars

Jars are so versatile that I have a couple dozen in my cabinets.  I never throw jars away but half the time I'm not sure exactly what to do with them.  Until now.  I had recently come across some painted Ball jars at a local flea market.   So I copied the idea.


The gray one in the middle is chalk paint while the other two are latex.  I'm not a fan of chalk paint myself, (You can read all about why I hate chalk paint in this post), but I had some leftover so I thought I'd use it up.  

To rough up the sides and make the Ball logo pop, I just used a bit of Dollar Tree sandpaper and lightly sanded over.  

So easy and so pretty!  I did these three in an afternoon.  The longest part was waiting for the paint to dry.  These would be so cute as a soap dispenser (You can see mine here).  

Thanks for visiting.  I love to hear your comments.  What do you do with your jars?  Do you paint them?  I'd love to see your ideas also!  




I shared this post at these fabulous link parties:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment