Tuesday, November 22, 2016

The Difference is the Beer

I love making beer soap.  I love using beer soap.  One of the things I love about beer soap is how different each batch is.  Our basic recipe is the same.  It's the beer and the scent that we change out.  Some of our batches have a light beer, and some of them have a darker beer.  I personally like the darker beers better for our soap, but sometimes a light beer is just what you need.  It doesn't always mesh well when you have a light lavender scent with a black bar of soap!

All of our soaps are colored naturally.  Check out these different batches I just wrapped!






These are three different bars, different scent, same recipe.  The one of the far left is lavender, made with a light beer.  The middle is a darker beer, with a reddish tint.  It is Lemongrass Verbena (see how the look doesn't match the scent?)  And the one of the far right is Sandalwood, or The Man Bar.  

Normally, I try to match the color with the scent.  I'm not sure what happened with the Lemongrass Verbena.  It really does smell amazing!

Here is a sample of our last few batches of the Lemongrass Verbena.  Same recipe, different beer, different colors.


This is our latest batch of Creamy Nutmeg.  So far, all of our Creamy Nutmeg batches have been dark, but this one is almost black.   The picture does not do it justice.  It's just lovely!!


I love the natural colors of our soap.  Occasionally, I will experiment with artificial colors, but they never turn out as beautiful as our natural soap colors.  And regardless of what color the bar is, or if it matches the scent or not, you can bet that I always put the utmost care and love into every batch that is made.  If you haven't tried our soaps yet, what are you waiting for??  You'll wonder why you waited so long!

Thanks for reading!!

~Misty



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment