Thursday, December 8, 2016

31 Days of Christmas Ornaments

I got this idea kind of late, but I was sitting here thinking of things to share with you, while I was staring at my Christmas tree and I thought I would showcase a different ornament every day with you this month.

Every ornament on my tree has a story.  Most of my ornaments were on my grandparents' tree when I was little, making those almost 40 years old.  We will start with those.





This little guy is a lamb with glasses on!  This one dates so far back that I don't ever remember it not being on my grandparents' tree.  I actually have two of him!  He is made of plastic with a soft, velvety texture over hime.  He is holding a little white brush tree.

If anyone knows anything about this particular ornament, let me know!  It probably dates back to late 70s/early 80s.


For many years, I was the only grandchild and I would get to go to my grandparents' house and decorate for Christmas.  My grandparents had this amazing closet that went under the stairs and all the ornaments were stored in there.  She had this little sleigh that she would put out and inside the sleigh sat these little elf dolls, which I still have.  She also have a light up Santa.  Then we would put all of these ornaments out on her tree, which sat in front of the big living room window.

Do you still have any old ornaments on your tree?  What are some of your favorites?  I'd love to have you share your pictures in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment