Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Hanging Knobs: Tutorial


If you're looking to view my tutorial on hanging pulls, please click HERE

Since the chalk paint on my cabinets is not very durable, I did not want to use pencil or make any scuffs in the paint to line up my knobs.  Instead, I rubbed a bit of chalk on the back of my knob to start.


I did not want my drawer pulls directly in the center or in the corner, so I held up my knobs until I found a place I liked them.  When I found that place, I gently "swirled" (scientific, right?) my knobs so that it left a bit of chalk on the cabinet door.  In fact, since this chalk paint is so easily scarred, just my little bit of spinning left indentations in my paint.

One without the flash

One without.  Can you see the circle?


Once the first chalk circle was there, I drilled and placed the knob.  From then, I measured the distance from the top and "eyeballed" (I'm pretty good at that) the center and continued with the rest.  For the knobs that all came in a row, I used a long level to make sure they all lined up correctly.

I hope that made sense.  If you have any questions, feel free to ask.  I love to hear from you and I'm happy to help!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment