It's warm today in sunny central California. It used not to be this way. It used to be cold here. I read that our climate change was due to the Japanese meltdown of the power plant several years ago. That could make sense, but that's for another post.
Yesterday I dug out box after box of Christmas decor out of my walk in bedroom closet. Today we decided to venture into them and decorate the outside of the house. Unfortunately, when we started to open them up, we realized they were not the boxes with the stuff we actually used. In fact, all of the stuff in the boxes we had were broken or had bulbs that were burned up.
After searching to no avail, a quick run to Big Lots brought us home with an inflatable penguin family. I'm not a fan of inflatables, because they look so sad when they are deflated during the day, but my son insisted, so we splurged. So now, we have colored lights trimming our eaves, a snowman that may or may not light up at dark, and an inflatable penguin family.
I know we will find that box of Christmas stuff once we start putting stuff away at the end of the year! Until then, please enjoy our progress pictures...


No comments:
Post a Comment
Please comment