Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Chocolatey Christmas

Merry Christmas everyone!  This year has brought us lots and lots of chocolates!  My full time job has me missing my domestic life so I have to admit I probably overdid it a bit in the kitchen this year.  I started with this recipe from The Weary Chef.

I wanted something different from my usual annual rocky road and came across this delicious and easy (perfect combo!) idea.

I just so happened to find the EXACT ingredients at our local grocery store.

 This recipe was just as easy as The Weary Chef made it sound.  Next time, I think I will use homemade caramels.  A bit more involved but the caramels I bought were lacking.  I don't think they were that fresh.

Here is the finished results.  Don't they look professionally done?





My second recipe came from this site. I had never made homemade chocolate cream pie.  I found this recipe on Pinterest and despite her comments on how it didn't turn out, it was yummy looking enough that I chose it as our Christmas dessert.  I followed her directions and it all went smoothly.  I cheated and used the pre-rolled refrigerated dough.



Overall, I don't think I have ever made anything more lovely.  And homemade whipped cream?  Yes, please!  I may never buy tub whipped cream again!!

All of this and the two 9X12 batches of fudge (I always use the Fantasy Fudge recipe on the marshmallow cream jar), and the chocolate chip cookies, and I'm ready for a nice big green salad right about now!

Anyway, I hope you all had an amazing and magical Christmas!  We sure did here at Through the Dutch Door.  Tomorrow, the decorations get packed away to await another year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment