Thursday, June 11, 2015

Take a Book, Leave a Book: Little Free Library

I am a book nut.  No, really.  I can not turn down a book.  I drive around our local trash collection and pick up boxes of books because I just cannot fathom how someone can throw out perfectly good books.



Last year I came across a Little Free Library and thought it was a great idea.  I looked it up and realized I had to have one.  So my hubby built us a little book house, complete with tin roof, and I painted it, and we hung it to our fence, filled with books.





So the other day, we are scouring through our neighbors street trash, through boxes and boxes of great books, and another neighbor comes out and starts doing the same thing.  Turns out his daughter is in my son's class.  So we start talking books, and how crazy it is that people throw them out along with all the other amazing stuff people throw out and turns out, he is looking for kids books.  Well, what do you know?  I open my trunk and I literally have boxes and boxes of hundreds of kids books.  So we are sitting, parked in the middle of the street, car idling, making a community "book deal" out of the back seat of my car.  It was pretty comical!!


So, what do you think?  Do you have any Little Free Libraries in your area?  Would you consider starting one?  I'd love to hear your thoughts, so comment below!

Linking up here:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment